Your answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Northern Mining & NSW Energy District.

<p>You should join the District which covers your work location. You can see descriptions of the <a href="/districts">Districts' localities here.</a></p>
<p>Yes they can. Contractors are very much a part of the industry.</p>
<ul> <li>The Mortality Fund is a benefit payable to the nominated beneficiary of a financial Member of the Northern Mining &amp; NSW Energy District, should that Member be killed in what is deemed to be a workplace mining or energy related fatality</li> <li>When you join this District you are asked to complete a Mortality Fund form that nominates who you would like the Mortality Fund benefit to be paid to in the event of your death in a workplace fatality</li> <li>It is important to keep this form up to date, especially should your personal circumstances change</li> <li>Phone the District Office on 1300 712 791 to check your nominated beneficiary details</li> </ul> <p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The Funeral Fund is a unique benefit available to the Northern Mining &amp; NSW Energy District’s Members</p> <ul> <li>Funeral benefits are payable for working Members</li> <li>Funeral benefits are also payable for retired/retrenched Members who have continued their Membership with the Union once they have finished up working in the industry</li> <li>Benefits payable are dependent on your working circumstances</li> <li>Phone the District Office on 1300 712 791 to discuss the current benefits available to you</li> </ul>
<ul> <li>It is important that we know who you are working for and what site you are working at before joining the Union, as different fees apply depending on the individual’s circumstances</li> <li>Once we have confirmed this information we can send you Membership Forms to complete and return to our office</li> <li>You can fill out the <a href="http://me.cfmeu.org.au.staging1.stg.cfmeu.anchor.net.au/join">online Request to Join form</a> and someone will get in contact with you</li> <li>Or please phone the District Office on 1300 712 791 to discuss</li> </ul> <p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Contractors are entitled to the same benefits as members working directly for a company. The only difference is that contractors working on a mine site are unable to be a member of the Lodge that is attached to that mine and your union dues reflect this.</p>
<p>Members are required to give 2 weeks’ notice of their date of resignation, which means you will be required to pay 2 weeks Union dues from the date you contact the Cessnock office and notify us that you intend to resign from the Union.</p> <ul> <li>Each District Branch of the CFMEU Mining &amp; Energy Division is separate and therefore if you are leaving one District to work in another District you will still need to contact our office and notify us of this</li> <li>If you are over 55 years of age and retiring from the industry you are not required to resign from the Union, and in fact you may be eligible to stay a financial Member of the Union as a Retired Member</li> <li>Please phone the District Office on 1300 712 791 to discuss your circumstances</li> </ul> <p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Members of the Union who wish to make enquiries about their Long Service Leave accrual should contact Mine Wealth &amp; Wellbeing on 1300 852 625. For any other Long Service Leave enquiry, please phone the District Office on 1300 712 791.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>There are a number of options available to pay your Union dues, including payroll deductions, direct debit or direct credit. The options available to pay your Dues varies depending on who your employer is. Please contact the District Office on 1300 712 791 to discuss.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You will need to contact the <a href="/location/northern-mining-nsw-energy-district">District Office</a>.</p>
<p>Members of the Union who have a workplace issue should, in the first instance, speak with a Site Union Representative. Members can also phone us on 1300 712 791 and ask to speak with their District Official. Depending on the the issue, our friendly office staff will ensure you are directed to the right person to help you.</p>